Posted by pws on 2006-08-06 We removed a lot of spam in car and track comments and added a Security Code in the comment page.
All FAQ comments where deleted, 99% of them was spam...
Racer v0.5.3 beta 1.6 released
Posted by pws on 2005-08-29 - One more attempt at hardware sounds (since they now sounds fine at my place)
- Bugfix: Fixed some small bugs (crash while skidmarks is disabled etc)
- Bugfix: Track audio volumes were broken
- Bugfix: no doppler effect while in car camera view
- Track selection screen listbox slider works again and is visible
- Spinning wheels while standing still now gives skid sound
- Optimized for Pentium4
- TGA loader reworked; is theoretically a bit faster
- Added shader layer.mipmap_minlod and mipmap_maxlod to be able
to make a mipmap range. Useful for road shaders where mipmapping
quickly makes things blurry; set mipmap_maxlod to 3.5 for example
(1000=all levels, 0=only 1st high resolution level)
- Fixed the new camera system a bit so in case of no trackcam,
it switches to the last car camera. See Carlswood for an example.
- A cunning test to get wheels to stay off the ground polygons a little. ;-)
- TrackEd v3.0 with alpha functionality for new camera system (add/remove camera doesn't work for one)
Posted by tops on 2005-08-08 - Sound is software again; too many problems reported with hardware sounds
- Auto-reset is turned off by default
- Auto-reset won't reset unnecessarily anymore on unsplined tracks
- New camera system which uses keyframes. If you're using this system, ALL
cameras in a track must use the system, as it's not compatible with the old trackcam system.
The new camera system only works with splined tracks.
- Added viscosity to the surface definitions. For gravel-type surfaces (use values ~0..1 in special.ini)
Posted by tops on 2005-08-05 - Added pacecar.min_distance_time for subtler braking
- FMOD update to 4.0 (FMOD Ex); now using hardware 3D voices again (hm)
- Bugfix: sound is back in replays
- Bugfix: memory leaks in car selection screen
- Bugfix: multiview slave FOV offset for funny aspects were off
- Bugfix: multiplayer+multiview slaves issues
- Car selection screen is a bit lighter
- Console can now be painted even if sent to UDP (console.paint=1)
- Added menu background movie support (no audio); see menu.*
- Revived controller setup screen
- Added initial car camera if initial camera mode=0 (carcams); camera.initial_car_camera
- Auto soft reset for offroad conditions (assist.time_allowed_offroad)